Kelly's

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where Does the Time Go?

Well, here it is... the end of summer. So much for my blogging once a month plan! Such well thought out plans too. Oh well, there's always tomorrow to blog. Since I'm here, let's chat!

Sean and I have been busy as usual but enjoying life. I have been working at the food bank now for almost a year and am really enjoying the job. I love being able to serve people and help make their day a little better, it's been a great place for me to be. It's a job that I can do well and then at the end of the day, leave my desk and it all waits for tomorrow. I miss some things about working at the church but I still get to head down stairs and say "hi" a few times a week since we are right next door! So that is neat.

For those of you who didn't know... Sean, Stephanie and I have started attending a "new" church in Renton (that is 'new' for us, it's been around for many many years)and it's going well. Our previous Associate Pastor at RLC was hired for their Senior Pastor position and he asked Sean and I if we would be willing to come help him grow the church. I have taken on a volunteer position of Children's Ministry Director and am partnering with another friend from RLC, David, in getting that ministry up and going strong. I am a bit like a fish out of water because I am used to being the admin. right hand person, not the one that people go to for the decisions but David and I are working closely with Pastor Chester and I think it's going pretty good. It's a stretch for me, but once upon a time, running all the youth camp games was a stretch and now I just LOVE IT! Sean is spending his Sunday's serving at the mocha bar which he really enjoys doing. It is a great way for him to "mingle" without actually "mingling". He has also made a few friends with a couple of the guys and there's some talk of making guns or something... I don't know, ask him! He is excited though.. some Saturday gun making get together thing! Teeheehee....

The boys have stayed at RLC because they are connected and didn't want to go anywhere. They are 18 and 16 so they can certainly have their own church home. Plus, I get the best of both worlds because I get to be a little part of RLC even though we are not there anymore. I spent a bit of time at their picnic last week and it was pretty fun, except the rain shut it down a bit early. I enjoyed seeing old friends though! We are all still working on the timing in dropping off and picking up and all that between two churches but we keep telling Travis if he would get his license, he could drive! No such luck though, maybe soon. Sometimes we have Aunt Danae' take them home when we think to plan ahead, but we haven't been very good at that lately.

We are gearing up for our family vacation! Sean's cousin is getting married in San Diego in September and we decided to make a trip of it. We are driving the trailer down and hitting the San Diego Zoo, Sea World and then to Anaheim for Disneyland for 3 days and then to Redding to see my dad. Then home again! Travis gets to fly down to San Diego and stay a few days for the activities there, but with his school schedule, he can't miss the full 7 weekdays we will be gone. Thanks to Kris for using her miles to get his tickets and thanks to Uncle Dave and Aunt Erica who will be picking him up at the airport in Burbank and hanging with him for a day before they all drive to San Diego. Sean and I will be mid trip when he flies in so he is just heading to the Kelly's for a day, it should be fun for him and them.

Well, I am sure you are all ready to go do something else and get off the computer so I will say farewell for now. Hopefully, not for long......

Loves to you all!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:57 PM, Blogger The Young Family said…

    So excited to read what you have been up to! I have talked to you here and there, but we can't seem to actually meet up just on the phone! Glad you are doing well.

    You will have such a fun time in California... The San Diego Zoo is great. I have a friend that used to live 2 minutes from there, wonderful area. Enjoy your family time together. Stroll along the board walk, it is magnificent. I think it is PB (Pacific Beach) that has a streaker you may catch, too funny! I never did see the streaker, but my friend says he still shows up every once in a while! I am sure you will flocking there now! (man I crack myself up!) Take care,

    Em

    Loved the update!

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Parties by Design said…

    Have Fun-Texas Next!

     
  • At 4:42 PM, Blogger MKD said…

    We just got back from San Diego! Let me know if you need any Tips!!!

    Love Ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home