Kelly's

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Doin' the Spring Fair?

Hey, who's going to the Spring Fair this year? Justin will be working at the Pierce County Beekeepers Booth on Wednesday, April 20 from 6:30PM-10PM. If you are at the fair...come say "hi!"

In case you didn't know, Justin is an apprentice beekeeper this year. He will not have bees yet, but will be working alongside one of the master beekeepers and learning the skill. Next year, they will provide him with the equipment and enough bees for two hives. He will keep them at his grandpa's farm and work with them there. He will also make honey to sell. He is really enjoying it so far.

I have come on as an assistant editor for their monthly newsletter, which is funny because I don't know much about bees. I just include all the upcoming info and then whatever they tell me about the bees. I got involved because I go with Justin to the classes and they have no one that does administration type stuff so I am helping them out. Many of them are grandma/grandpa types and are not into computer stuff. I am surprised about how many folks are involved though, they usually have around 35-40 people at the meetings. All those people loving bees.....strange, but true. Anyway, come say "hi" to Justin and pick up a raffle ticket to win some honey!!! I will be selling those because no one under 18 can sell or buy them, so while Justin is chattin' about the bees with people, I will sell them a raffle ticket.
Have a great day and I will "chat" with you all soon!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 PM, Blogger Cagle Clan said…

    Thats great Karen that he has such a unique(and a little scary) hobby! :)
    How is Sean?
    Jess
    PS- Thanks again for bringing Josiah home tonight!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home