Kelly's

Saturday, April 22, 2006

There's Easter, Family, and a lot of cool stuff God does

Easter
Hey everyone, how's it goin'? We are well here, just busy living life! I hope you all had a great week and had some time to just kick back and enjoy after all the Easter planning and activities. Our Easter at Real Life was wonderful! There wasn't an adult choir (bummer for me) but the music was top rate and each of the singers did an incredible job of letting Jesus shine! The band rocks too! We have some of the coolest guitar playin' guys ever and all the musicians give their heart to the music and made it great. The service flowed very smoothly and I liked that, and the message Pastor had was a great word for people, he is such a great Pastor with a heart for others, we are blessed to have him as our Pastor! I was really proud of the kids choir, I had almost all the 1-5 graders singing with us and we had 6 different kids with a special solo or duet part. It was awesome to have that many different kids to step out and go for it! I strive to place in their heart a desire to sing to God and make their songs a gift to Him, rather than just "puttin' on a show" or "giving a performance", we don't perform, we just open our hearts and sing for Him. That's my goal and hope for the kids, I believe it is what will set them apart. They did such a wonderful job and I was very proud to be their "Teacher Karen"!

Family
My dad and Aunt Bo left this week. They were here visiting from Redding, CA and came for a week to hang out. We spent some time at my sister's which is always nice because we don't see her a whole lot. (she is a bit of a "work-a-holic" as they say) We mostly hung out and watched movies, any of you who have met/heard of my dad will understand. There's not much more to say about this subject.......

Cool God Stuff
That about sums it up! Cool God stuff is just all the little things that God does just because He loves us. I mean, we always acknowledge the BIG stuff, the gift of salvation, healing, blessing us with children, great financial break-through, things like that. But, how often do we remember those little things that He just does because? When your kid does some neat little thing that makes you go "ooohhhhh" and you know it's because God did something in them, (of course, we all want the credit, but we know the truth....teeheehee), when you see a beautiful sunny day with warm air and a light breeze, when the store has your favorite "goody" on sale, when you have favor every time you turn around, or when one day, you wake up, and you realize that your life is pretty darn good, a job you like, kids you like, a husband you like, friends you like that LIKE YOU BACK, how cool is that? God just gives me so much and I don't ever want to forget to stop and say "thank you" to Him. Parents, do you ever just steal a glance at your kid and your heart is so full at that moment that it almost hurts? I bet He is like that with us all the time. I feel adored by Him and to be quite honest, I like it. He has walked me through so much, carried me through so much, and rescued me from so much, I am blessed. I am sure that I don't even know some of the things that God has rescued me from, they didn't happen because of Him....and when yucky stuff does happen, you know what, He STILL HAS IT COVERED. Don't forget that. We live our lives, we do our work, we raise our family, we play, we laugh, we cry, we get angry, but through it all.....God has it covered.

Well, as Pastor Andrew says....."peace out"

4 Comments:

  • At 6:49 PM, Blogger Johanne said…

    Wow, u seem to have a very wonderful family. Im just a fresh new mommy, married for just a year and 4 months. Hoping to be a good mommy too. Thanks for the comment... God bless you and your family!!! :)

     
  • At 12:21 PM, Blogger The Riley's said…

    I thought you said noone posts comments on here! Anyways... I love the fact that I know God has is covered. No matter how I am feeling I know that he is there to help me in my situation. Another note.. My baby did GREAT on Easter. That girl is my performer. I will be posting a blog about her soon. A couple of people have stated that I have not praised my baby enough on blog! So be looking for that. Also she loves you so much! Well talk to you soon! Love Ya!

     
  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Danae` said…

    Karen ,you are such a awesome sister!!! We love you!!

     
  • At 12:11 PM, Blogger Carpenters said…

    Karen,
    Sounds like awesome stuff is going on!

    Hope you are planning all the activities for the Youth retreat. You do such a great job with that!

    Justin

     

Post a Comment

<< Home